Northern Uniform is registered to both ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems. While we’re proud of it, you’re probably wondering, “that’s great and all, but what does it mean? How do these certifications benefit my business?”
Below, we delve into what each certification entails, how we maintain it, and how these impact your business and its bottom line.
Working in conjunction with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 22000:2018 provides an extra layer of reassurance for businesses and customers within the global food supply chain around the world.
We’re proud to be the first and only uniform rental company in North America to successfully attain (and maintain) the ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management System certification.
Specifically, ISO 22000:2018 requires organizations to:
- Plan, implement, operate, maintain and update a food safety management system aimed at providing products that, according to their intended use, are safe for the consumer.
- Demonstrate compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements.
- Evaluate and assess customer requirements and demonstrate conformity with those mutually agreed on customer requirements relating to food safety, in order to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate food safety issues to their suppliers, customers, and relevant interested parties in the food chain.
- Ensure that the organization conforms to its stated food safety policy
- Demonstrate conformity to relevant interested parties.
- Maintain registration of its food safety management system by passing annual audits from an external organization.
Similarly, the ISO 9001:2015 certification is awarded to companies who meet the requirements for quality management systems.
This standard is based on many quality management principles, which can include things like strong customer focus, motivation of management, implication of management, process, approach, and continuous improvement.
ISO 9001:2015 requires businesses to:
- demonstrate their ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- aim to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including:
- processes for improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
ISO Certifications Help Grow Your Business
When you choose to work with Northern Uniform, you choose the first (and only) uniform rental company in North America to successfully attain the ISO22000:2018 Food Safety Management System certification. Not only that, we’re the only company in North America to successfully attain both certifications!
If you don’t already, it’s time to measure your business against a globally recognized standard and undergo third-party audits. This is the only true way to prove that your business is able to effectively serve in the food industry.
Go Northern Today to Best Serve Your Business and Customers
When you Go Northern, your business is additionally protected with our ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 22000:2018 certifications.
These certifications qualify us to control food safety hazards and implement systems throughout our operations. Consistently providing safe garments for our food processing customers is something that comes both easy and enjoyable for us.
Contact us today to talk with a real person on our team and learn more about how our certifications can help your business today!